Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dr. Daps' Absurdly Early 2012-2013 Season Predictions

Hi again, everybody! For those of you who follow this blog regularly (which is nobody) you might go back and remember a post I put up last year which was me calling what I think was going to happen. Around this time last year, I called that the Los Angeles Kings were going to win their first Stanley Cup, and they did! I was right! So now, I'm going to try and go 2-for-2 and pick the scenario for what the end of the upcoming season (if there is one) right now, here in July. And like I said last year, I was not expecting to be anywhere near as right as I was last year. So if anyone even remotely cares about my opinion out there, don't get your panties in a bunch when it turns out I'm laughably wrong. This is merely something to fill the void until something big happens in the hockey world that I can report on.

Eastern Conference


1. Pittsburgh Penguins
2. Boston Bruins
3. Washington Capitals
4. New York Rangers
5. Philadelphia Flyers
6. New Jersey Devils
7. Carolina Hurricanes
8. Toronto Maple Leafs (yes, I'm actually serious)

1st. Round


Pittsburgh over Toronto in 4 games.
Boston over Carolina in 7 games.
New Jersey over Washington in 6 games.
New York over Philadelphia in 6 games.

2nd. Round


Pittsburgh over New Jersey in 6 games.
New York over Boston in 6 games.

Conference Championship


New York over Pittsburgh in 4 games.



Western Conference


1. Los Angeles Kings
2. Vancouver Canucks
3. St. Louis Blues
4. Chicago Blackhawks
5. Detroit Red Wings
6. Nashville Predators
7. Colorado Avalanche
8. Minnesota Wild



1st. Round

Los Angeles over Minnesota in 5 games.
Vancouver over Colorado in 5 games.
St. Louis over Nashville in 7 games.
Chicago over Detroit in 7 games.

2nd. Round

Los Angeles over Chicago in 6 games.
St. Louis over Vancouver in 7 games.

Conference Championship

Los Angeles over St. Louis in 7 games.

Stanley Cup Finals

Los Angeles Kings vs. New York Rangers

Game 1: Rangers 2 - Kings 1
Game 2: Kings 3 - Rangers 2
Game 3: Rangers 4 - Kings 1
Game 4: Kings 3 - Rangers 2 (Double OT)
Game 5: Kings 1 - Rangers 0
Game 6: Rangers 3 - Kings 0
Game 7: Rangers 3 - Kings 2

Stanley Cup Champions: New York Rangers
Conn Smythe Winner: Henrik Lundqvist

I promise you, this is not fueled entirely by biased. With the moves the Rangers have made this offseason, I believe that if there is a year for the Rangers to make a legitimate run in the playoffs, it is going to be this year. I pray to the elder gods that I'm right on this one, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment