Thursday, March 31, 2011

Recapping the Rangers/Islanders

What on God's green Earth was that?!

In case some of you were lucky enough to not know the Rangers were playing today, I'll quickly recap what went down. To break things down, the Rangers played their ugliest game of this season, losing to the Islanders 6-2. I, myself, personally shut the game off after the third goal because I was not about to watch some half-assed effort to try and stay in the playoffs.

The Rangers scored the first goal of the game, but then slowly but surely collapsed before my very eyes. To put things into perspective, Trevor Gillies scored. The man why has missed 20+ games this year due to suspension, scored a goal. That alone stands to testify how badly the Rangers played tonight.

Now, the Rangers are even closer to having last years atrocity at the end of the season repeat itself again. Right at the worst possible time, the Rangers, after going on quite a stretch of wins, are starting to lose when everyone else around them in the standings is picking up their play.

What the hell is wrong with these guys? Did someone not tell them this game is very, very important for their chances at a playoff spot? I don't understand how this team, knowing how dire the consequences can be if they don't win, can go out and play the worst game of the season. It's not even one individuals fault, it's an entire team failing as one, and it blows my mind.

I was really looking forward to making a happy celebratory post for my 100th post on here, but unfortunately, that isn't going to happen. Unless the Rangers go on some kind of run winning all five of their last games, its going to be a really tough end of a season to watch as a Rangers fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment