Friday, May 25, 2012

Why I Will Not Be Surprised If the New York Rangers Season Ends Tonight

The Rangers are, once again, on the ropes of being eliminated.

This has become a common thing for this team, as the Rangers have gone to two consecutive Game 7 series', prevailing as the victor in both of them. The Rangers battled back from a 3-2 deficit against the Ottawa Senators, and took the Washington Capitals to another Game 7 in the following series. In both series', the Rangers have never held a two-game lead.

Now, the Rangers are back in the same position against the New Jersey Devils. Down 3-2, with a lot of wear and tear showing, and now it has them at a game disadvantage. Everything in this series, besides two stellar games by Henrik Lundqvist has been going wrong for the Rangers. No offensive scoring on a consistent basis, lack of defensive plugs, and just the Devils resilience has just been overwhelming for the Rangers all series long.

It's a long year, and the Rangers fought valiantly. I know it is not over yet, but I do not see a victory for the Rangers coming tonight. And if they do win, Game 7 is going to be a long shot. There is only so much a team can take, so close a team can get to the edge before they walk the line too far and slip. That is what I foresee happening to the Rangers tonight.



And if it does not happen, great! I'll be super happy if they do win and force a Game 7. I probably wont watch it because my doctor told me to watch my blood pressure, but I'll watch in spirit! As should all of you! My opinions mean absolutely nothing in this big ol' blogosphere of sports. Everyone has a speculation, or a prediction, or a guess, and mine is judging by the past few games, that the Rangers might not be able to pull this one out.

But, that does not mean I am not proud of this team. When the Bruins made their turnaroundin the standings, did they win instantly? No, it took them three years before they finally maneuvered within themselves and found a way to win it all. The Rangers have made positive moves for their future. Brad Richards will be here next year, Chris Kreider will start the season with the Rangers, and they have the ability to make minor changes if they need to. This is still a growing team. Never in a million-bajillion years would I have predicted that the Rangers would have gone two wins away from the Stanley Cup Finals this year. If it does end tonight, I am excited for the future. To see what this young group of gritty Rangers can pull out of their sleeves in the coming months. Win or lose, it was a ride.

Enjoy the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment