Monday, November 21, 2011

The New York Rangers Clinic Celebrates Its First Birthday!

It's been one year, and it hasn't lost its luster.

A year ago, my decisions in my academic life reflected into my personal life. Attending community college, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, and was looking for direction, or an outlet for something I could do with my spare time. I thought about what I was good at, and knew I have always been a writing person over a math person (despite my awful use of grammar, spelling, and punctuation on occasion). Along that line, I decided my major for college, and what I wanted to do with the rest of my life was write. So, I chose the Journalism major at my school, and got to work. I knew if I was ever going to make it in the journalism field, I was going to have to get some practice, and since my schedule did not have room for the newspaper at my school, I had to make use of my own time.

Hockey has always been my sport of interest, and one of my favorite places on the web to catch up on all the news on the sport was Yahoo!'s hockey blog "Puck Daddy". Normally written in a large part to editor Greg Wyshynski, it keeps me up to date with everything I need to know, as well as informing me on all of the teams of the NHL as well as some fun factoids (and enough professional wrestling references to stop your heart cold). Puck Daddy became my motivation, and my influence on how I wrote, now all I needed was a forum in which to do that. So, I thought of making my own, and my search brought me to this website you are reading this on right now.



It's been a crazy year already. In just 12 months, I've conducted plenty interviews for my Rangers Fan Perspective, had to write my own eulogy for departed Ranger Derek Boogaard, and followed the Rangers' wild trip to the playoffs last season. When I began this blog, my concern was I was going to burn out after a few moths of blogging, but that hasn't happened yet. I still want to write for my blog more and more and more. Sure, my schedule has become a factor in writing some posts, but when I do get the chance to blog, it's fun! The day this begins to feel like a chore, is the day I will decide to call it quits, and I have to tell you that wont be happening anytime soon.

After a year of blogging, I have gotten a total of 2,329 views on my blog, from countless countries across the world. To all those who view my blog, I hope you enjoy, and I appreciate every single one of you because this is what is fun for me. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment