Sunday, January 23, 2011

News Around The Rangers

The Jets losing got me in a blogging mood, so, here we go.

I've been kind of neglecting the blog when it comes to content recently. Mostly, I have not done anything except post game predictions and such. Recently I've been trying to get back on that, and heres my attempt to get the ball rolling.

First off, I would like to discuss Mats Zuccarello. Mats was called up in the midst of I believe the Christensen injury if I am not mistaken. Since then, hes proven his worth greatly and is earning his spot in the lineup every night. Its not hard when a good portion of the starting lineup goes down to injuries, but he has shown that he can be a cohesive member of the Rangers line up constantly. He is such a master when it comes to the shootout also. I like that we never really have to see the shootout as much as the Rangers have in past seasons, but with the combination of Zuccarello, Stepan, and Wolski, out shootout line is close to perfection.

While I'm close to the topic of injuries, I'd like to brush up on it. Two players went down last night against Atlanta, those players being Brandon Prust and Dan Girardi. That extends the list to Prust, Girardi, Boogaard, Prospal, Dubinsky, Callahan, and Christensen. These are the perils of playing the grinding style the Rangers have played all season. You cant expect to block shots and make big hits without ramifications somewhere down the line. All we can hope for as fans is for a speedy recovery without any post injury scoring droughts in the midst.

And the final thing I would like to talk about is the NHL Guardian Project. If you haven't heard, Stan Lee has made superheroes out of every team in the NHL, and at the All Star Game on the 30th, they are all going to fight some villain. So far, 23 guardians have been revealed, but neither is "The Ranger". Some of them are cool, some are very obvious rip-offs, and some are just plain horrible. The cool ones include the likes of "The Wild", "The Red Wing", and "The Shark". The obvious rip offs come with "The Oiler" which is clearly Juggernaut from the X-men series, or "The Flame", or "The Penguin" which are closely similar to Cyclops also from the X-Men. then the ones that are horrible, in my opinion, include "The Maple Leaf" which is a tree... I'm not kidding, look it up for yourself. "The Maple Leaf" is a tree. Or "The Coyote" which is basically Wolverine without the claws.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=66928

Here is the link in case anyone is interested.

Thats all I have to say today. There will be a pre-game post as always tomorrow against the Capitals. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment