Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Not A Good Start To The New Year

I'm writing this out of disgruntlement with the sport world. The Giants are out of the playoffs, USA is out of the World Juniors tournament, and the Rangers got shut out by the Panthers two days ago. Not a very good start to the New Year.

The only reason I could fathom why the Rangers got shut out on Sunday was because of the pile up of injuries coming to this team. Ruslan Fedotenko was the latest to get tagged, blocking a shot with his hand a-la Ryan Callahan. Fortunately, its only a bad bruise, and not a break. However, The Rangers are down Ryan Callahan, Erik Christensen, and Vinny Prospal, who may not even be coming back this season due to complication with healing.

The injuries can be the downfall of any team down the stretch. It's who steps up and fills that roll that makes injuries the scariest thing in sports.

I will admit, when Gaborik and Drury went down earlier this season, I thought this team was dead in the water. But, I was mistaken, for players like Brian Boyle, Derek Stepan, and Brandon Dubinsky stepped up to fill the void and give the Rangers the power to win without Gaborik.

And just like that, I was relieved. I had begged for secondary scoring to come to the Rangers ever since Jagrs last year as a Ranger, and it finally arrived. But, without good play-makers in Callahan and Christensen, the secondary scoring has thinned out.

This was just a quick vent on the situation of the Rangers, and my assessment of their recent play.

While this blog is really just something I do for fun, it would be nice to get an active audience involved. I don't mind if your an opposing fan who wishes to voice their opinion, leave a comment if you wish. That'll be all, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment