Friday, January 14, 2011

Recapping the Rangers/Canucks

Last night, I had the privilege of viewing another Henrik Lundqvist shutout on Garden ice against the league best Vancouver Canucks.

While I missed the first eight minutes or so because the restaurant we were eating at took way too damn long, I was able to see the rest of the action from then on. The atmosphere at the Garden was incredible. You can just feel the intensity from every near goal, and there were a few that got everyone excited.

Wolskis goal was also incredible. Being there and knowing you saw his first goal as a Ranger leaves a permanent memory in my head. Its just special to me, knowing that if he becomes a major part of this Rangers lineup, I was there for the very first goal.

A few other wacky things that happened during the game sparked my interest as well. I forget what period it started, but someone began the chant of "U-S-A, U-S-A" in the Garden. At first I was very confused, because this wasn't a national game. So I figured it must have been because Roberto Luongo, the goalie for the Canucks, was on the Canadian team in the Olympics last year. So maybe there was some left over animosity from that... only Roberto Luongo was not in net last night; Cory Schneider was. I'm still baffled.

Also, the co-highlight of the closing seconds of the game, other than winning the game, was a Canucks green-man started running around the concourse of the Garden. If you are unaware of the Canucks green-men, they are two fans who wear the full green body suits from the character "Green Man" on Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia to Canucks games, and taunt opposing players in the penalty box. Now, I'm not sure if that was really one of the gentlemen from Vancouver, but I found it to be quite hysterical.

That's all for today people. Tomorrow is redemption on the country of Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment