Friday, December 10, 2010

Catchin' Up on the Rangers

I apologize to any avid readers about no pre-game thread yesterday. I woke up late by accident and never got a chance to put it up. I did get to watch the replay of the game and there were a few things I wanted to comment on from what I saw.

First off, Boogaard vs. Carkner. I do not consider Carkner the winner of that fight because they both landed shots, and the only thing that Carkner did that Boogaard didn't was bring Boogaard down on top of him. Somewhere, some lumberjacks were watching this game going "timber!" when that happened. But what I also wanted to talk about was Carkner wiping the blood off of his face and flicking it at the Rangers bench. Carkner said he didn't remember doing it because the adrenaline was rushing through him, but the video has all the proof necessary. His blood or Boogaard's blood dosent matter, he wiped it off and flicked it. Therefore, he deserved the ten minute misconduct penalty he got.

Along with that, I would like to give kudos to Gaborik for being a huge play maker throughout the game. His assists on Stepan and Fedotenko's goals were picture perfect. Without his set ups, the Rangers would have gone into overtime with the Senators.

All in all, from what I saw, there were some defensive struggles like always, but good offensive conversion. Next game for the Rangers is Saturday against the Blue Jackets and I will definitely try to get my pre-game post up!

No comments:

Post a Comment