Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Recapping the Rangers/Devils

Hello all, this is just a post game topic I'd like to point out some things from the game at the Prudential Center I'd like to share with you all.

First off, the arena is beautiful. I was in section 103, and I was still able to see the all the action. The stands in the arena are quite steep though. Walking to my seat, I thought if I fell, I would wind up on the ice. So the arena is nice, but he parking on the other hand, is something that needs to be improved on. The Prudential Center parking situation is very unorganized because they're are scattered lots all over the surrounding area which get filled up immediately, and some have special restrictions for who parks there. That needs to be worked on.

But aside from that, let me talk about the game. I had a terrific time at the game, although I kept thinking to myself the score was too close for comfort the whole time. The Rangers allowed 44 shots, and are lucky that they only gave up one goal. If it was any other team tonight, I feel that the Rangers would have lost this game. In my opinion, I felt they did just enough to get by in this game. I felt bad decisions were made by some players in some instances, and it allowed the Devils to get the puck in open ice a few times.

Luckily though, the Rangers fought through, and managed to get by. Rozsival finally woke up after not scoring for a really long time, and managed to get a lucky break off coming from Andy Greene's thigh. Lundqvist was also sharp tonight. Despite Travis Zajacs goal, Lundqvist stood tall in the face of pressure and did not let in anymore goals like the first. 

But overall, my experience was a pleasant one. The fans were as classy as they could be toward a rival fan wearing a Lundqvist jersey in their home stadium. (Not counting the girl in the Brodeur jersey that tried to fight a guy in a Heritage jersey in my section, which I filmed by the way) 

I had a wonderful time tonight, and hopefully get another chance to see the Rangers in person again this season. Hopefully, next time at the Garden. Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment