Monday, December 20, 2010

No Rangers Until Thursday = Lack of Blogging Material

I don't want to let my avid readers go without a post, but in all honesty, there is not much to talk about in the world of the Rangers lately.

The Rangers were beaten two days ago by the Flyers 4 to 1. I was not able to watch the full game on account of finals needing to be studied for. But overall, I sort of expected that loss. In my predictions, I started getting a little cocky after the Pittsburgh and Phoenix game. But Philly, as much as I hate to admit it, is genuinely alright this year.

But I don't wish to dwell on past losses. I'd like to move onto different things, such as HBO's 24/7 series. This one is following the Penguins and the Capitals as they approach the Winter Classic this New Years Day. It is a four part series, the first part having aired last Wednesday. Luckily, as Ranger fans, we got to relive the excitement of the Rangers 7-0 blowout of the Capitals in hi-def, behind the scenes beauty. Its rather funny when you hear what happens during a game between the players. One instance that stuck out to me is the fight between Brandon Dubinsky and Alex Ovechkin. Hearing the hits go through on Ovechkins mic, and then hearing the two of them say "good job" to one another when they both collapsed is rather funny to me. After two people fight, you don't expect words of praise to come between the two, but I guess theres just that bond between hockey players that give them an appreciation for a player who wants to throw down to try and inspire their team.

I also cannot wait to watch the 4-1 Rangers win on this Wednesdays episode. It will be fun to hear Crosbys reaction to the disallowed goal, and hearing Dan Bylsma freak out as the team collapses in the 3rd period. The show is on HBO at 10pm ET.

Thats all I have for today, Ill try to find some more topics to discuss on the blog before Thursdays game post. Catch'ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment